1. What time is the gathering?
Our weekly gatherings happen at 9:00 am and 10:30 am each Sunday, but come early to enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and great conversation.
2. When I arrive at HITS Theatre, where do I go?
There is plenty of street parking in front of the theatre on W 18th, so feel free to park in the closest spot available. Once you walk in the front door, our friendly hosts will direct you towards the gathering space, coffee, restrooms, or Little Village area.
3. How long is the gathering?
Our gatherings are 1 hour long. We’re confident that your hour with us will be well spent! You’ll leave refreshed and ready to conquer your week.
4. Is there a dress code?
Nope. Feel free to dress in clothes that are comfortable for you. You can “dress up” or wear casual clothes. It really doesn’t matter to us! We’re just glad to have you as a part of the Village Heights gathering!
5. Will I be singled out if I’m new?
Nope. You are our guest. There are many people just like you who are checking out Village Heights for the first time. Our goal is for you to have the most enjoyable experience possible.
6. What about my kids?
Since we believe that kids benefit greatly from seeing their parents and community engage with Christ, Village Heights encourages gathering as a family. We love providing the opportunity for our kids to be an active part of our community and discover more about Jesus alongside the adults. We provide childcare during all Sunday Gatherings for children ages 5 and under. All children must be registered before enjoying Little Village, so we recommend arriving a few minutes early. For more info, visit our KIDS page.
BELIEFS & VALUES
The foundation of Village Heights is built on the biblical truths listed below. We are only who we are because of our beliefs.
2Our Beliefs Through Faith:
- The Bible as we have it, written in the original languages, is completely inspired by God, and serves as our authoritative guide for faith and practice. (2 Timothy 3:15-17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21)
- There is only One True God, known as the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14; John 14:16-17)
- As God’s Son, Jesus is both completely man and completely God. (Matthew 1:23; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Corinthians 15:3; Matthew 28:6; Acts 1:11)
- Humanity’s sin has separated it from God, and the only way to restore the relationship is forgiveness offered through Jesus Christ, making us right before God and leading us on a life-long path to God. (Romans 5:12-19; Luke 24:47; Titus 3:5-7)
- There are two ways from the bible that show our commitment and obedience to Christ that we should absolutely follow:
a. Water Baptism (Mark 16:16; Acts 10:47,48)
b. Participating in Holy Communion (1 Corinthians 11:26)
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a free gift for all believers that will give them strength to live life as a witness of Jesus Christ. (Acts 1:8; 2:4; 19:1-7)
- There is one Holy Universal Church that has a mission to evangelize the world, disciple followers of Christ, worship God, and provide Christ-like works of compassion to all. (Mark 16:15, 16; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 4:11-16; James 1:27)
- At any time Jesus will return, judge the world, and begin a time of eternal relationship with those who follow Him and eternal separation from those who choose not to follow. (1 Thessalonians 4:16,17; Revelation 20:11-13; 2 Peter 3:13)
On top of that foundation, we have three support pillars. Everything we dream for and commit ourselves to do is built around our values.
- CHRIST CENTERED: We are focused on Christ’s mission of bringing in and leading those not yet on their faith journey. Because we continually experience and share the love of Jesus, we remain biblically based in our faith and practices.
- COMMUNITY CRAFTED: We are engineered with the Greater Heights in mind. With great authenticity, we are committed to maintaining our partnerships in the community and creating outlets that fit the needs of those around us.
- AUDACIOUSLY GENEROUS: We are generous with our time, talent, and treasure, brazenly responding with blessings to our neighborhood, other philanthropic initiatives, and global needs. Because of this, we are service oriented, action committed, and socially responsible.